WHAT IS NATIONAL UNITY PLATFORM?
NUP is a political and social liberation political party duly registered under the laws of Uganda. We are a progressive, social democratic organisation, guided by the principles of servant leadership, equality, transparency, accountability, freedom, liberty and social justice.
Our struggle and work is built on the following values: Discipline, Reliability, Integrity, Inclusiveness, Fidelity and Service.
The vision of the Platform is to build a Free, United, Prosperous and Democratic Uganda which empowers citizens, adheres to the rule of law, ensures dignity, and provides equal opportunities for all.
Our mission everyday is to rally the people of Uganda to exercise their power and build a free, united, prosperous and democratic Uganda.
Our flag and colors
The National Unity Platform has a distinctive flag comprising of colors red, white and navy blue.
Core Governance Issues
The NUP shall seek the mandate of the people of Uganda to govern the country and work for the following core Governance issues:
- National unity and reconciliation.
- Sovereignty of the people.
- Guarding Uganda’s national independence.
- Dynamic, mixed economy with a strong social conscience.
- Respect for human rights, constitutionalism and the rule of law.
- Gender equality.
- Zero tolerance for corrupt practices.
- Lean and efficient public administration.
- Strengthening of state institutions.
- Respect for cultural diversity.
- Equal access to quality public services, especially healthcare and education.
- Eradication of poverty.
- Economic, political and social cooperation with other nations and organisations.
- Equitable distribution of national resources.
- Security for all persons and their property.